Thursday, 31 October 2013

October 31st - Happy Halloween

Back to work tomorrow.

Two parts to this blog - Today and O2.


Today.


Halloween


This is basically what I did.




New photography blog post here



---


O2.

Where to start.

I wasn't blogging back when I got scammed by them I don't think so heres the back story.


In short, my mobile got a call for my mother (contract holder), someone claiming to be O2 offering us a contract, that i'd be able to upgrade to the iPhone 5 through upon its release 2 months later - sounds too good to be true, right? - the first lie, after agreeing and contacting O2 I discover its a 24 month contract and I cant upgrade for something like 22 months.
Are you kidding me?

Cancel that.

Oh wait, more problems.

It wasn't O2 who called so we can't, we don't know who you need to call or where you need to send the phone back to to cancel the contract because we've sold your details to that many partner companies that we can't keep tabs on them.


I did manage to get out of it. Though I couldn't get back onto my previous contract as it was rolling.



Now fast forward to here.



I'm continuously getting calls on my mobile number for my mother as she pays the phone bill.
The companies calling me are NOT O2.
But only O2 would pair her name with this number as she's never used it before.

So my information keeps being sold on.
I'm sick to death of all of the calls.



Today I was called by 0191 6370202


Who claim to be O2.
They weren't.
Again.
Offering me - my mam - a contract/phone upgrade.
Lets just start with the fact that since I was last scammed I dropped to a month'y sim only rolling contract with them so I can leave whenever they cause me problems (This isn't something I took lightly since i've been on O2 since I was around 11/12 and i'm now 22), and I bought the phone outright from Apple, so ... yeah i'm not entitled to any sort of upgrade.


And then around half an hour later I was called by 01543898021


Another caller asking for my mam.
Well I simply told them this isn't her phone and hung up.

Sick to death.


This is what O2 have had to say today.


But of course they've never been much help.

Its like they don't even read your replies.


Eveytime you use their online guru's you get different answers if you ask someone else.

Although I did use the gurus to find out about the scam and to check that what they offered was legit - it wasn't - before the cancellation period had ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment