Saturday, 23 March 2013

March 23rd - Sunnycon: Con 2; Day 1

So.
Today has been a tiring one.

Up at 7am.
Well.. awake at 7am.
Walked down to the convention for 10:15.
Paid 50p for a con booklet.
Waste of money, didn't even have a timetable in it.
Picked up a photocopied timetable, its on a separate sheet.
Not really a keepsake.


Speaking of timetables, as the guest signings werent timetabled or previously announced before the start of the con, I didn't take the poster I had signed by Chris Sabat at last years con. And who was doing his signing when I arrived? Yeah, Sonny Strait..
We asked him though and he said it's cool, hes signing again tomorrow so i'll be taking it down then like I was going to anyway - as that is when his talk is!

Soon, my poster will be signed by Yamcha (Vegeta isn't on it..) and Krillin.


Lunch.
Obviously, as you'll all know, Queens is the place for food down at the seafront.
But it was so so cold outside!
I stepped out to leave, ran back in to the Seaburn Centre cafe, stood in the queue for about 3min before deciding to brave the cold for Queens!

Taking our own food tomorrow!

Oh, and I found a VIP card from someones lanyard as I was heading out for food.
I forgot to hand it in, it wouldn't be much use anyway because these things don't have names on them, and the VIP entries are all finished with now I think.

Double oh! also, as I was leaving for food I noticed the Akatsuki Organisation piling out of a taxi!
Never thought i'd see a terrorist organisation pay taxi fare ^_^

Anyway, after lunch I staked out 5 seats for the Vic Mignogna talk.
And around 30 seconds before the three people I was holding seats for showed up, the seats were taken by people - who i'd even asked to move down as they passed me as I was holding three seats!!
Not too bad though, i'd kept one with my bag and moved down so Chelsey could sit on the end with her niece on her knee, and her friend - who's name I always forget (I think its Lou? - sorry!) sat on a spare chair in front.

I recorded the whole talk, minus the intro / correct pronunciation of his surname.
That'll be up on YouTube by the end of Monday hopefully.
It is a 40+min video!


For now, here is a panorama from where I was staking out seats - I could have got closer but was trying to keep those 3 extras :(



We left after that and my boyfriend and I headed to Newcastle.
Well, its not that often we get a day off together and there wasn't anything else on the timetable for the afternoon anyway.


I didn't take many photographs but..


Here is collage set of photographs of Michael.


I think all I bought at the con today was - that conbooklet, if you can really call it that without a timetable! a pacman cupcake, which had a few burnt parts to it :( and a mini danboard kit.

Photos coming soon for the danboard.
Pretty sure i'm not going to paint him, but I might silver ink a couple of bits, i'm not too sure yet.


I'll update back tomorrow!
But for now, Tim time!

And its a new one!


Tim Today


No comments:

Post a Comment