So, last day of the weekend off.
My boyfriend and I went to the Chinese New Year celebrations/event in Newcastle.
We've not done this since I was in the second year of my National Diploma course so it's been quite some time!
Its always freezing and raining usually so we decide against it.
There was no rain, or the predicted snow today, but it was absolutely freezing!
I videoed the lion dance - mainly because I was photographing everything else and managed to get photographs of the lion dance quickly and then moved onto video!
The first restaurant the lion visits in this video - i'm not sure what it was called, but the staff (possibly/probably the owners?) we're handing out free fortune cookies, and giving kids hand warmers when they were complaining about how freezing cold it was!
Definitely nice people.
Possibly even the nicest people i've ever seen!
Kung Hey Fat Choi!
Oh, I forgot to mention, I was testing out my new video camera at Chinese New Year, after I tested it out yesterday I found that the reviews were right and its really not a good camera for indoors - well, not in badly lit rooms in winter anyway, but today I also found that the short battery life reviews were also all too true!
You'd be lucky if it lasts 30minutes.
So I'm going to have to buy a spare battery or two, then test those out at Sunnycon.
Before we left we decided to warm up in Eldon Square after getting some food.
And we finally bought our travel adapters!
So now we each have an adapter for while we're in California, and, they'll even work in Japan too once we finally book that!
Then once I got homed and had warmed up I needed to list more stuff on eBay.
I didn't quite get everything listed, so i'm going to list more tomorrow.
But this happened when I was sorting through some of the stuff my brother doesn't want anymore.
Back to work in the morning, then three days off.
So I guess its not too bad (other than the lack of money and the fact I have to get up at 5am!).
Tim Today




No comments:
Post a Comment