Two posts today.
This one and then one tonight.
So, as you're all aware, last night it was announced that HMV would be going into administration this morning.
Their Facebook page is currently flooded with people raging that they can't spend their vouchers.
1) Vouchers are stupid, why restrict where the recipient can spend their gifted money.
2) HMV who sold you them aren't the ones who are stopping you using them, that would be the administration company.
3) EVERY retail business that goes into administration doesn't honour them. Not just HMV.
Theres even a woman, who is a mother and almost 50 years old who is wishing HMV staff become homeless and telling everyone else they should go and steal from HMV stores.
Why?
Because her daughter can't spend a £10 voucher.
A voucher that she didn't even buy her..
Of course, I hope that HMV don't have to close every single store, and that their online store remains.
They do have too many stores for the current need though, so closing maybe half would help them out.
I have a HMV a 10min drive away from me, a 30min metro ride away from me, and then a further 10min train journey away from me. Plus others that I don't visit but are within 30min or so of me.
And yes, I do do the majority of my shopping online, but even at HMV too, the only time we've shopped in store in HMV recently was when we wanted something urgently (for example a DVD for my brother's project) or at Christmas with our high street vouchers.
I remember back in 2006/7 I did a two week work experience at my local HMV.
My first continuous bit of work experience as my 6 month? placement was only on Thursdays.
So i'll never forget HMV, it was fun working there and it was probably the thing on my CV that convinced the place I work to hire someone who didn't do any relevant/retail work during their degree.
What are your opinions on HMV?
What are your memories?
We will take vouchers - details here - why not buy some music gifts with them #hmv http://www.musicgiftsuk.com/hmv #HMV
ReplyDeleteDisregard the first part of my comment on your blog. The link took my to my new post while your comment was in the old one!
Delete