Just got back from work and I was greeted with the news of Blockbuster going into administration.
That would be the second media business to go into administration with Deloitte in the space of around 48hours.
Obviously, I posted yesterday about HMV and the reactions people have had - via Facebook of course. But I also heard today of people going into the stores and stealing the items.
Yes, technically the moneys worth you took had already been paid in advance, but as its currently owned by someone else and they aren't accepting gift vouchers at this time then its still stealing..
I really do hope HMV don't close down entirely, even if just to see all the whining people on Facebook turn around and say how much they love HMV, and then of course many of them probably wouldn't even cash in those vouchers.
They're only complaining because the right to spend them has been revoked.
Now, on the subject of Blockbuster.
I only rejoined a year or two ago after not being a member since DVDs came around (my closest local store closed down when VHS were still around!)
We've used the place maybe three times since re joining and that was for game rentals while waiting for late preorders to arrive.
I wouldn't really miss Blockbuster I guess, but I still wouldn't want to see it go.
I don't know many people who use them though, for purchases or rentals.
Whats your opinion?
On any of the recent chain closures?
Even Jessops.
Tim Today
Still part of the blog

No comments:
Post a Comment