Wednesday, 30 January 2013

January 30th - Play.com and daily update

So, Play.com
Everyone knows how much I love Play.
Everyone knows how happy I was when Rakuten joined them.
And Everyone knows how upset I was when they announced they would no longer be selling in a couple of months time.

But today, I think i've had the last straw with them.

When I was ordering Christmas presents, they lumped them all together and posted them in a catalogue back.
So obviously, the glass item was broken and the Genie, spaghetti fork and Plecmaster all had shattered packaging.
So I contacted Play, and being the good company they are, they offered to replace the three cheaper items without requiring me to send them back first, and give me a partial refund on the expensive item.

Remember, these are gifts - time limitations!

So, happy with that, I accept the offer.

The replacements were all sent out together, and again, in a catalogue bag.
This time with bubblewrap, so they weren't as badly damaged - except for the Genie which was worse than the original one. 

But, meh, at least I didn't have to go to the post office, and after I explain i'm sure people will understand why their items were no longer in packaging, and why there were cuts on my fingers (sharp).


So, obviously, I shop with Play a lot and decided to order again from them recently as valentines is coming up, and they didn't mess up my five orders after that incident. 

And now?
Whats the problem this time?

I've only received someone else's order.

And to get my items?
First I must return these.
Have them acknowledge they have them.
Process them.
Then release my actual order - IF there is any stock left.
And then I have to wait the 3-5 days to receive them.
I also have to send copies of postage receipts to be refunded and all that jazz as well. 

Its valentines day in 15 days.
Thats 13 days if you count the fact that you don't get post on a Sunday. 


I'm currently waiting for them to tell me if they would refund first class post, as obviously I want to speed this up a bit.
And first class recorded would cover the return and acknowledgement sections of the process. 


Their social media staff are useless though, I found that out today.
I recommend you don't even attempt it and just email their postage receipts email first.
Of course, it took three hours to get my first reply and then 43min for the second reply, so its not exactly fast, but its better than calling as you get written evidence of what they'll refund you, etc.


Also, I am aware that the staff will have a lot of work to do due to the sale, and obviously not be happy that they are potentially losing their jobs? 
But its not difficult to check that the name on the postage sticker and invoice sheet match.



UPDATE: They finally responded on Twitter and asked me to return the items, but said that they have reordered my order and I shall have that within 5 working days rather than posting it after my returns are received. 



--------------------------------------------------------- Daily Blog --------------------------------------------------------- 


So, a bit of an easy day today.
I had loads planned but i've had a headache all day.
I've suddenly developed a horrible cold.
:( 



This is me today.
Vans sweater, atticus jeans, FSAS hat and FMS shoes.


Also, I just realised I forgot to watch the Cleveland show last night
Bummer. 


I went to a garage tonight, after we checked their website earlier and it said they had a black, and a blue Fiat 500, those are the colours i'm trying to decide between before I order.
And anyway, we get there and they don't have any Fiats at all.
I don't even know what happened.




I got this badge on Foursquare while I was out though.
So its all good.



Tim Today





No comments:

Post a Comment